Monday, December 7, 2009

I am ready! I think.

Today I am 39 weeks pregnant, and I am so ready to have this baby. I was really happy to wake up this morning with somewhat regular, but very mild contractions. They lasted all morning, but stopped about the time I went to my doctor appointment. I am dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced. I had the doctor strip my membranes. It hurt like heck. I had it done with Adam and I don't remember it hurting so bad. With Adam I went into labor about 48 hours later, so maybe Wednesday. If it doesn't happen on it's own, I went ahead and scheduled an induction on Thursday, so whatever happens, I am having a baby this week. I went ahead and used today to finish up some last preparations.
I have drawers full of pink clothes, which is really strange for me after having three boys.


I took our old, ugly, boy bassinet and recovered with a cute brown and pink polka dot fabric. Now it is fit for sweet little girl.


My mom and I found this supper cute car seat cover that changes my boys car seat into a nice girly one with a nice think blanket cover to keep her warm this winter. And, I got this diaper bag from my sister in law, just enough pink, but not too much that Randy won't carry it.

All this pink is really strange, but so cute. I am so excited to be having a little girl. I can't wait to see her, and give her a name. The sooner the better, I am ready.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Good luck. Can't wait to hear the results :)

Amy said...

Yeah for little girls! Hope everything goes well and can't wait to see pictures! Love ya!

JACC said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! SO MUCH PINK!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet her. If you need ANYTHING! Remember I'm just right next door!

Becky said...

I'm so excited for you guys to finally get your little girl. Looks like you're ready =) Good luck!

JACC said...

SOOOO???? DO we have a baby yet???