Monday, February 8, 2010

Cute Moments

A couple of weeks ago I was in the car listening to Dr. Laura. I turned it on in time to hear Dr. Laura talking to the mother of three very small children. They talked about a few things but one thing really stood out in my mind. The woman said something like, "I am not enjoying being a mother." Dr. Laura's response was, "It's not supposed to be fun!" I was so happy to hear her say that. I sometimes feel guilty that I don't love being a mother every day. It is really hard work. I mean who really loves cleaning up messes and wiping bums all day? I know there are a lot of things I would rather be doing, but I recognize that this is just the stage of life I am in right now. Dr. Laura's advice to her was to look for her children's cute moments, those moments will make what she is doing worth it. Since I heard that I have been trying harder to notice the cute moments my children give me to help get me through my days. Here are some of those moments.Adam putting on his sister's head band, and then pretending he is a big boy playing a computer game.

Dressing a baby in a dress for the very first time. Isn't she cute?The best moment of all came yesterday in Sacrament meeting. I was in the mother's room feeding Natalie when I heard Jacob's voice through the speaker. He got up to "berry" his testimony. He ended by saying, "And I love my mom so much. So, so, so much." I almost cried, it was so sweet. That made every negative thing that happen in the last week disappear.

I love my kids. I don't always love every aspect of being a mom, but in the end I know it will all be worth it.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Perfect advice and perfectly cute moments. It is hard work, isn't it!? Your family is beautiful. Congratulations on successfully getting a dress on - girls are so much more complicated with the tights and bows and fluff! She's so adorable!

Kristin Sokol said...

I'm crying.

shawnee said...

I think there is a blog theme going on. Have you read Carrie's latest post? Way to go super mom Leslie! We are all in the thick of things right now. It's amazing that you have four little cuties. I just had my third. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is so wonderful for all of us other moms to read and relate with your feelings. love you!